Thursday, June 18, 2009

Still Have a Prayer

Well after another amazing coaching display by Bob-O the US still has a mathematical chance of making it to the second round of the Confederations Cup. With the US at the bottom of the group at a strong -5 goal differential, they need to beat Egypt by a tally of 3-0. That's not it though... we also need Brazil to take out Italy 4-0 to progress by goal differential. Humm..... something tells me that's not going to happen.

Today's game lacked in many places, but what gave up the game is our coaching. I'm not some amazing coach (but I'd prolly be a good one) but coaching the national team isn't about what have you done for me, its more of a matter of what are you doing for me. Well Beasley falls into that category heavily.. WTF has he done at a professional level in the past year. He got hurt and doesn't play for Rangers' first team any more... that about sums it up.. so why the hell is he still starting for the USMNT? god knows. And secondly, why start Sacha? I can't take it away from the kid he did have a great year last year. But lets be serious, he's not in that kind of form anymore, no where near it. Why not give Torres a run, he's been pretty damn consistent and on top of that he was the best player on the pitch when the US played Costa Rica, before bob took him out at half time. He's not the biggest or the strongest guy in the world. BUT HE'S COMPOSED on and off the ball. I dunno maybe its just me..... Thoughts?

I'm gunna go watch some WPS...

I miss you Boca...

1 comment:

The Orange Card said...

your exactly right......the blame is on bob here, beasley and klestjan had no business being in the starting lineup