Friday, June 19, 2009

Some Thoughts Before the Trip Home

Well here we sit broken hearted paid a nickle and (only farted?) haven't scored a goal in the run of play in 4 games.

Well its clear that we're not going to beat Egypt by a score of 3-0, and I honestly don't think Brazil will tally more then 3 against Italy. So lets put this game into perspective, this is a game to see who wants to step up. If you're going to play a player like Beasley who has done nothing lately. Why not play Adu? Though he's done nothing for his club or the national team, he's in the same boat as beasley. So I say we give Freddy a run. Next we should send Clint home, let him rest and gather his thoughts and give someone else a run out there. In the back.. lets just keep it that way.. maybe exchange Heath for Johnny. Back to the midfield I'd start Lando and Jozy just in case everyone is magically in form and we run away in the first half. But if that's not the case I would bring in Charlie Davies and Torres.

Oh yeah.. and maybe we could use a game plan specific to a team we're playing against and not just throw players out there and say "play our game"... cause sometimes you need to change your game to win.... but I'll leave that one up to bob-o. and I say this because... after watching the latest action packed games it doesn't seem like we're going out with a game plan. It just seems like he's saying go out there and defend like this and nothing else.

If you watched the Brazil game it was clear what their game plan was.. if you missed it you should never watch a soccer game again.. maybe baseball's more your style. Anywho, Brazil attacked us where we were weakest, our left back. They attacked and attacked as though it was the only way they had a chance of scoring a goal. I just think if we had some if any sort of game plan moving forward we'd have a chance at scoring during the run of play... well I'm done ranting.. if I pissed you off I'll leave you something to make you laugh.. also... thoughts? I'd be nice to have some feedback every now and then...



No comments: