Monday, July 7, 2008

Crouch finally out??

Hi all of The Orange Card faithful, I'm going to assist w/ the posting on this illustrious site. I figured I'd give you a little insight on who I am. I'm a die hard Liverpool and Revolution fan. I've played footy all my life.. and I live for the beautiful game. The creator of the site and I have won many footy championships together... so get ready for the ride..

Well news on the street says that Peter Crouch is finally on his way out of Liverpool thanks to Portsmouth. The bid was higher then the 9mill bid which the Reds had turned down. One thing is for sure, this move isn't creating alot of room on the bench (see picture).

So now I'm excited... we got rid of Kewell yesterday and Crouch today and maybe Alonso tomorrow. Kewell was a great move because he's made of eggshells. I can't remember the last time he played healthy. Giving him the boot means the Dutchman Ryan Babel a chance to move into the line up with his blazing speed and ability to put the ball in the back of the net. Now with Crouch gone, which is a blessing, we're making room for another forward to come in, because he didn't really do much except sit on the bench and look really awkward. For the past year Crouch has also complained to the media that he wants to play more, well maybe someone should have told him that he doesn't score enough to be put on the pitch. In my opinion 42 goals in 135 games is not good enough when you have Torres that scores 33 in his first season alone.

Now that we've got around 10mill in our pockets maybe we can throw that toward our bid for Garreth Barry and continue on our path toward world domination.

No comments: