Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Footy From the Past Couple Days

Yo what up?.. I'm back from my trip and I figured I'd talk about some goods from the past weeks worth of footy...

Well there's only one place to start that's with the US v Brazil match. I watched it w/ my snoring brother while being occasionally attacked by a cat. Anywho, we proved that we can play with the best. With a dominating first half I was dreaming of that pretty-golden-globe-thing-of-a-trophy. But we were outclassed in the second half like woah.
I'ma start with the goal keeping... and there's not a lot to say. Tim Howard was unreal without him in goal, we're in deep doo-doo.
Defending was great in my opinion, as far as the back four are considered. Gooch won everything in the air while DeMerit fought like a mad man diving every which way to try and keep the ball out of the net. Boca is a natural left back so that pretty much closed out that hole (I've been waiting ages for bradley to move him out there and demerit in the middle to close that damn hole). Lastly, holy Jonny Spector, if he didn't seal his position as the starting right back you'll be sure to hear about it later.
As for the midfield, throughout the tourney I was impressed with Rico Clark. I never liked him as a player until this tournament. Its a shame that Jermain Jones will be throwing him on the bench. Lando=flawless. Benny did his job, nothing more and nothing less. The only player I really had a problem with was Clint Dempsey, I hate to say it but its true. The goal he scored was absolutely great.... but what did he do after that?? (hint: not much).
Jozy worked hard up front, but he needs the move to Fulham if he wants to become a better player or have a bar named after him. I love Charlie Davies, there's one thing in this world you can't teach and he has it.. EFFING SPEED! He just needs to work on the rest of his game... (god please send us a world class finisher.. thanks)
Lastly the coaching was horrid, I understand that he would bring on Bornstein to help defend because when he did stand up we were currently winning. But why the hell would you bring on Sacha?!?! He was clearly the worst player on the pitch the last time you played him why not give someone else a chance.. One other problem was as soon as they scored that goal WHY wouldn't you pull them back and keep what we had out there or make a different change. Cause last time I checked 2-1 is a hell of a lot different then 2-2. Well we lost 3-2 (4-2 cause kaka had one too that didn't count) but everyone knows that.



That's by far my favorite goal of the tourney!

Umm so there's another Beckham book coming out... only its by Grant Wahl.. and its anti-Beckham.. i'm excited and I'll be going to Borders on July 14th to pick it up!.. oh yeah.. here's a bit of a preview

And lastly Real Madrid signed yet another striker Mr. Benzema from Lyon. He's a great investment for the team.... but yet again... who do they have in the back??... idiots....

No comments: