Friday, December 14, 2007

NO VERON FOR YOU!

Another twist occurred today in DC United's courtship of Juan Sebastian Veron as he opted to stay in Argentina at the last minute, deciding not to make his way to RFK. Veron was apparently to attached to his home country and his club Estudiantes, to make the move to MLS which I think is a good one for two reasons: 1. I never thought he would be that good in MLS and thought he would be more of a Lothar Matteus than a Cuau Blanco..........and 2. If he did turn out to be playing in fine form and dominating the midfield for DC, that would mean another season of losing to them for the Red Bulls. So I can honestly say that I'm not too saddened by this news, and for DC fans, I'm sure you'll find some lesser known latin player who will shred the league again.

No comments: