Monday, August 20, 2007

Ref Blows Match For Liverpool; MLS Refs Impressed By Level Of Suckitude



In a refereeing performance which could be compared to those seen in over 30 rec league matches, referee Rob Styles cost Liverpool 3 points by awarding Chelsea a dubious penalty kick and in turn got himself pulled off of a match this upcoming weekend. As I watched this game I got him confused with one of the refs who used to ref my summer league games in high school, meaning he was one of those refs who couldnt cut as a player so he bacame a ref who became too involved in the games he was reffing, therby becoming a shitty ref. The most suprising thing to me is how Styles made it out of Anfield alive........I thought every fan in "the kop" would rush the field and maul his ass to death before he could escape. On another point, I think MLS should look into doing the same thing, punishing shitty reffing performances, but the problem is that if they took a ref off of a game they would probably get a shittier one to replace him because if they had a "better" one he probably would have been working the game anyway.

No comments: